Type of website: Online Tutoring Platform
Effective date: 15th day of August, 2022
www.CraftingAcademy.org (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Olivia Rae Design Academy. Olivia Rae Design Academy is the data controller and can be contacted at:
4119 N Hwy 67, Florissant, Mo 63034
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected; and
- The rights of Site users.
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal basis to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
- Processing of user personal data is necessary to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority.
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- Location; and
- Content viewed.
Data Collected from Google
As a tutor that is booking classes, you will be required to give craftacademy.org access to your Google User Data to:
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar
You may manage access to your google account by going to https://craftacademy.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bookly-staff
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here: email@example.com
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of our Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern the use of www.craftacademy.org (the “Site”). This Site is owned and operated by The Olivia Rae Design Academy. This Site is a tutoring website.
By using this Site, you indicate that you have read and understand these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them at all times.
All content published and made available on our Site is the property of The Olivia Rae Design Academy and the Site’s creators. This includes, but is not limited to images, text, logos, documents, downloadable files and anything that contributes to the composition of our Site.
When you create an account on our Site, you agree to the following:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the security and privacy of your account, including passwords or sensitive information attached to that account; and
- All personal information you provide to us through your account is up to date, accurate, and truthful and that you will update your personal information if it changes.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account if you are using our Site illegally or if you violate these Terms and Conditions.
Sale of Services
These Terms and Conditions govern the sale of services available on our Site.
The following services are available on our Site:
- Virtual sewing and crafting lessons.
The services will be paid for in full when the services are ordered.
Services ordered are rendered to one recipient per class.
Children under the age of 10 are not allowed to attend a class without a parent or guardian present to help facilitate.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all the services that are displayed on our Site at the time you access it. All information, descriptions, or images that we provide about our services are as accurate as possible. However, we are not legally bound by such information, descriptions, or images as we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all services we provide. You agree to purchase services from our Site at your own risk.
We reserve the right to modify, reject or cancel your order whenever it becomes necessary. If we cancel your order and have already processed your payment, we will give you a refund equal to the amount you paid. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor your payment instrument to verify receipt of any refund.
We accept the following payment methods on our Site:
- Credit Card;
- Debit; and
- Direct Debit.
When you provide us with your payment information, you authorize our use of and access to the payment instrument you have chosen to use. By providing us with your payment information, you authorize us to charge the amount due to this payment instrument.
If we believe your payment has violated any law or these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to cancel or reverse your transaction.
Refunds for Services
We provide refunds for services sold on our Site as follows:
- The service charge will be fully refunded if a teach has canceled a class.
Consumer Protection Law
Where any consumer protection legislation in your jurisdiction applies and cannot be excluded, these Terms and Conditions will not limit your legal rights and remedies under that legislation. These Terms and Conditions will be read subject to the mandatory provisions of that legislation. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and that legislation, the mandatory provisions of the legislation will apply.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site contains links to third party websites or services that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the content, policies, or practices of any third party website or service linked to on our Site. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these third party websites before using these sites.
Limitation of Liability
The Olivia Rae Design Academy and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates will not be liable for any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses including legal fees from your use of the Site.
Except where prohibited by law, by using this Site you indemnify and hold harmless The Olivia Rae Design Academy and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates from any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses including legal fees arising out of your use of our Site or your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Missouri.
If at any time any of the provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions are found to be inconsistent or invalid under applicable laws, those provisions will be deemed void and will be removed from these Terms and Conditions. All other provisions will not be affected by the removal and the rest of these Terms and Conditions will still be considered valid.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time in order to maintain compliance with the law and to reflect any changes to the way we operate our Site and the way we expect users to behave on our Site. We will notify users by email of changes to these Terms and Conditions or post a notice on our Site.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our contact details are through the feedback form available on our Site.
Effective Date: 15th day of August, 2022
End User License Agreement
- Under this End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”), Olivia Rae Design Academy (the “Vendor”) grants to the user (the “Licensee”) a non-exclusive and non-transferable license (the “License”) to use CraftAcademy.org (the “Software”).
- “Software” includes the executable computer programs and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
- Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Vendor. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a license for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
- This Agreement grants a site license to the Licensee. The Software may be loaded onto a maximum of none computers.
- The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by one or more third parties.
- The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
- Failure to comply with any of the terms under the License section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
- License Fee
- The original purchase price paid by the Licensee will constitute the entire license fee and is the full consideration for this Agreement.
- Limitation of Liability
- The Software is provided by the Vendor and accepted by the Licensee “as is”. Liability of the Vendor will be limited to a maximum of the original purchase price of the Software. The Vendor will not be liable for any general, special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of production, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, or any other business or economic disadvantage suffered by the Licensee arising out of the use or failure to use the Software.
- The Vendor makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Software for a particular purpose or that the Software will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
- The Vendor does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Licensee accepts that software in general is prone to bugs and flaws within an acceptable level as determined in the industry.
- Warrants and Representations
- The Vendor warrants and represents that it is the copyright holder of the Software. The Vendor warrants and represents that granting the license to use this Software is not in violation of any other agreement, copyright or applicable statute.
- All terms, conditions and obligations of this Agreement will be deemed to be accepted by the Licensee (“Acceptance”) on registration of the Software with the Vendor.
- The term of this Agreement will begin on Acceptance and is perpetual.
- This Agreement will be terminated and the License forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software or return the Software to the Vendor.
- Force Majeure
- The Vendor will be free of liability to the Licensee where the Vendor is prevented from executing its obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part due to Force Majeure, such as earthquake, typhoon, flood, fire, and war or any other unforeseen and uncontrollable event where the Vendor has taken any and all appropriate action to mitigate such an event.
- Additional Clauses
- CraftAcademy.org does not give refunds, instead you are allowed to reschedule your class or gift the class to another student. There are no restrictions on switching teachers or categories for the rescheduled class.
- Governing Law
- The Parties to this Agreement submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Missouri for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement. This Agreement will be enforced or construed according to the laws of the State of Missouri.
- This Agreement can only be modified in writing signed by both the Vendor and the Licensee.
- This Agreement does not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between the Vendor and the Licensee.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neuter gender include the masculine gender and the feminine gender and vice versa.
- If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, it is the parties’ intent that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated as a result.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All understandings have been included in this Agreement. Representations which may have been made by any party to this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written Agreement. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
- This Agreement and the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to and are binding upon the Vendor’s successors and assigns.
- All notices to the Vendor under this Agreement are to be provided at the following address:
Olivia Rae Design Academy: 4119 N Hwy 67, Florissant, Mo 63034